I was really excited about my last trunk from Trunk Club, and so when I asked for a follow-up trunk to get some different styles and sizes of the fall-appropriate things I was looking for she sent one out right away! This trunk is pretty small (it only contained 6 items) and unfortunately only one thing worked for me.
How It Works!
- Sign up for Trunk Club (I would love it if you used my referral link) and you will be contacted by a stylist either by phone or email (I chose email, because I have a toddler).
- Your stylist will have a long list of questions for you in order to zero in on your style and preferences. This is the really great part of Trunk Club because you basically have unlimited access to a stylist that can really get to know you and your style.
- Your stylist will put together a trunk of up to 15 items from Nordstrom (although I’ve heard of some people getting more) and send you a preview. At this point you can remove anything you don’t like and give your stylist feedback.
- Your stylist will make additional changes to your trunk, and then ship it to you FOR FREE! There is no styling fee either.
- When you get your trunk it’s like opening a treasure chest. I love the amount of stuff they send because it really lets me pick and choose a couple of items that I absolutely love.
- Pack everything you don’t want to keep back up, and simply drop the trunk at a UPS store, or you can even schedule an automatic pick up!
- Trunk Club will bill you for the items you keep. Unfortunately there is no incentive to keep items like a “buy all” discount, but again, also no styling or shipping fees.
- They have an app that you can use to contact your stylist and review your items. It works really well. I never do anything for Trunk Club on my computer anymore!
Here’s what I received in my fourth trunk:
I’m not a huge fan of anything that’s over-sized and this jacket is no exception. It feels really bulky, and like it is swallowing me. The buttons were also really difficult to work with.
This dress is amazing and comes with an equally amazing price tag. The fabric is modal so it’s super soft and so comfortable. I could live in this t-shirt. The website says to size down, but my stylist sent me a medium and I actually really like the fit. I would have been fine with a small though. This one also comes in a few other colors. I highly recommend!
This skirt is really cute. I normally don’t like mini skirts, but I’m all about them in the fall and winter because I can wear leggings. I love the pockets and the cute bow. I also really like the pattern; it’s a nice neutral that will work with a lot of different pieces. I know this because I already have a dress and a cardigan in the same pattern. This skirt is unlined, and ultimately I don’t think it’s worth the $158 price tag.
TOMS ‘Lunata’ Lace-Up Bootie – $118.95
These boots are really cute, but I just bought a new pair of booties during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I also have another pair of booties that are a similar color to these (although don’t have a heel) that I bought last year. The only shoes I’m really looking for right now are some cute fashion sneakers.
I love the romantic feel of this dress, and as you can probably tell from the pictures I was having fun with the idea of it. However the color of this dress completely washes me out. In addition to that, the way the wrap fits it’s way too low cut for me. While taking pictures I was desperately trying to keep my bra from showing. Overall this dress just doesn’t work for me.
I always love a top I don’t have to worry about wrinkling! I also like the look of this top, but I don’t like that it’s so transparent. If I wore a cami underneath then that would ruin the affect of the lace. I just don’t see myself wearing it that much.
My necklace in these outfits is from Charming Charlie. It was only $10!
In the end I only kept one thing, but the trunk only had six. I’m really excited about that black t-shirt too; I think I’ll get a lot of use out of it.
I’m a little disappointed that my stylist couldn’t find some of the things I was looking for, but I’m thinking I’ll put in an order to Amazon to get these shoes, they are the same ones (in a different color) that I got in my last trunk. Unfortunately they were sold out in my size at Nordstrom.
Either way I am really excited about Fall. It’s my favorite season! I’ve been collecting lots of great pieces for the capsule wardrobe I’m developing and will share with you soon. Be sure to follow my blog or Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
What do you think of my trunk?
This is not a sponsored post and all opinions and photos are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on links and purchasing products will grant me a small commission. All earnings help me continue running this blog. Thank you!